Week 12 Part A: Using Business Specific Tools

 On this post, I will be addressing how some online tools can enhance our business and personal growth via social interactions, interpersonal connections, and marketing. 

Some of the many tools available that I have chosen to talk about are: Meet Up Groups, and LinkedIn. 

Meet Up Groups offer events catered to specific interests for individuals. For example, last year I wanted to learn to dance salsa, however, I did not know where to find clubs or events. Thus, I was able to find the meet up app, looked for salsa lessons, and found so many events available that were free, that I was able to learn in less than a month! In the business arena, I could utilize meet up to look up webinars and coffee meetings where groups of entrepreneurs discuss their topics. This can serve as a platform to learn different lessons and make connections with persons. 


LinkedIn is a professional platform that I have yet to sign up to. I have read some of my classmates posts on their blog talking about LinkedIn and I discovered how beneficial it can be whenever looking for professional or business development. It also serves as a resume which can offer a wide variety of information with pictures and links to other resources, thus, offering much more than a conventional paper resume. 

Comments

  1. When I first moved here from SF, I didn't know anyone and decided to use Meetup. I found a dance class like you did and the people I've met there are now my best friends. Two of them are actually my son's godmothers. I'm also a big fan of LinkedIn. I agree with you bring a resume that can offer information with pictures and resources. More than a conventional paper resume. I dig that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understood the LinkedIn service for the first time. It is beneficial to be able to include a lot of information, so I think this is a good bisiness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts